Monday 30 April 2012

Ready? Set? Go?

I bought the book approximately a week ago.  I decided my start date would be May 1 - just because I hate math ha ha!   It will also be a Tuesday, so it's easier than a Monday.. for me anyways.

I have read the book, and am feeling nervous but excited.  I am already feeling a bit like a cheater because I am not able to follow the eating plan exactly, however I did take the quiz (it is based on what kind of 'oxidizer' you are..) and I found the plan that she recommends for me. However, for both financial reasons and sanity reasons I chose to start the eating plan with mixing and matching from her menu.. 
I do home daycare, and coincidence has it that this week I have a family who does not pick up until 6:45 - and I feed the children supper.  They are picky eaters and there is no way I can adapt the recipes to suit them (also it would be very expensive) so I will be making separate meals for myself.  I do not have the luxury of an additional 30 mins to cook a meal just for me, so for this week I am going to borrow from her lunch menu for supper.  I won't have the same thing twice in one day, and it seems substantial enough for me.
So far looking at her recipes they look complicated, expensive and are all over the map serving-size wise. I took about 20 minutes before going grocery shopping to adapt the plan and make my list.  I am confident in it though, and feel like I will feel good with the food I will be eating, and that it will be enough for my needs and will fall in her plan calorie wise and nutrient wise. 

For the exercise component, I have to ready myself this evening by taking a fitness assessment and writing down my results.  She recommends (insists) that you have a decent level of fitness before starting the programe if you are to achieve the desired results.  You must be in good shape already and have no more than 10-20 lbs to lose.  I also have to take my measurements and (eek!) take a 'goodbye' photo - and she says "the more you show, the more you know" um yeah - okay.. lol.

I will also have to 'cheat' when it comes to the exercises, I am not going to join a gym (been there done that) so there will be a few excersices I can not do, but for the most part, most can be modified (instead of a weight bench, I can use my padded coffee table) and I did purchase a stability ball and resistance bands. I already own some weights.  I do plan to either modify the exercises I cannot do (due to not having the equipment) or add my own similar ones - I will not leave that spot blank.

So bear in mind over the next month that I will not be following the plan to the letter.. not for lack of willpower just because it's not feasible for me.  But I will be giving it my all, trying very hard to follow the plans and the 'cheats' will be mostly modifications.

Not really looking forward to tonight's measurements but hopefully I will be able to look back and be happy with the results in 30 days from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment